Mumbai By Kabir Ali
Living Entertainment announces the launch of an international food and lifestyle channel ‘Living Foodz’. This foodtainment channel specializes in exploring the evolving social status of food; moving out of the confines of the conventional kitchen into a world of entertainment and adventure with food. Having food at its core, Living Foodz will explore different perspectives towards food and the way it touches people – from lifestyle, travel, wellness to food infotainment and reality. The channel will be available across all DTH providers like Dish TV, Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon and all other leading cable networks in dual feed Hindi and English from 11thSeptember 2015.
Living Entertainment in India will be an extension of the Living network belonging to Essel Group which already exists in the international markets. Living aims at bringing alive all things factual with an element of entertainment in order to appeal to the global audiences. Living in India will truthfully echo the ‘Living’ philosophy and encompass everything that will help one to discover, awaken and transform oneself.
In sync with the corporate brand positioning of ZEEL – “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam -The World is My Family”, Living Foodz will resonate the philosophy perfectly with the energetic programming mix. For the Indian market, Living Foodz will be the international food & lifestyle channel that will have a universal feel; which will appeal to the new age Indian. This foodtainment channel is targeted at both men and women across all age groups in urban digital households. The core audience set would comprise of well-travelled & connected people with high interest level of food.
Within a year, Living Foodz will be available across countries worldwide producing global food content for global audiences. The audience will be taken on an exhilarating food expedition alongside eminent celebrity chefs and food personalities like Ranveer Brar, Gautam Mehrishi, Rocky & Mayur, Vicky Ratnani, Kunal Kapur, Rakhee Vaswani through
their different shows. With a substantial increase of audience interest in various niche sectors, Living Foodz, has the right formula that is sure to enthrall one and all.
Speaking on the new initiative, Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, ZEEL and Essel Group said, “We are very proud to present Living networks in India. This is yet another endeavor from our group to bring the world closer through entertainment. Living is all about global mindsets and experiences. This is also in line with our group philosophy of “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam – The World is My Family”. Our group has always believed in creating not just great content but building genres and brands that are milestones.”
Also present for the launch, Mr. Punit Goenka, Managing Director & CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limitedsaid, “With Living, we intend to make global content for global audiences. This will be for the first time ever that original content from India will be available to audiences across the globe. We are very proud to present this new form of entertainment to our audiences”
Commenting on the occasion Mr. Piyush Sharma, CEO Zee Living- India APAC says, “Living is our endeavor to showcase audiences with great lifestyle content. Growth of digitization is leading to fragmentation of audiences, thereby creating an opportunity for differentiated and genre specific content. Moreover, increasing digital households are giving rise to increased audience expectations and demand for more diverse viewing opportunities. Under this scenario we are providing Living Foodz to people who love exploring and knowing more about food.”
Commenting on the occasion Mr. Rajiv Kheror, President Strategy & Planning, International Business says, “Food is a worldwide phenomena. Audiences across the globe wants to enjoy and understand food like never before. Your thirst for Foodtainment is about to be quenched with “Living Foodz” – the new destination for the best in food and entertainment. We are all set to redefine food content in minds of Indian viewers.”
Living Foodz will have 12+ hours of original programming (in the first week). Some of the prime time shows are
- Food Xpress: Rocky & Mayur, the awesome twosome get on the trail of the most exciting and incredible food journey to discover India’s spiciest, most exotic, expensive and extreme food. Every episode will take your through the length and breadth of India to discover that ONE dish
- Chef on Wheels: The show is about the endless roads, a bike, a chef and absolutely gorgeous farm fresh produce. Chef on Wheels goes back to where our fruits and veggies originate to organic farms and meet the people behind it while discovering the places and stories unknown with chef Gautam Mehrishi
- Vickypedia: Presenting Chef Vicky Ratnani as the master of International cooking in his brand new show Vickypedia. Vicky takes you on a whirlwind tour of some of the most fabulous recipes across the world.
- The Great Indian Rasoi: Newer places, new experiences and mouth-watering food. The most authentic ‘on the road’ exploratory food show is back in its brand new season with Chef Ranveer Brar.
- Pickle Nation: An entertaining journey across India to meet the legendary artisans & communities who create a lifetime of memories and magic with their jars of ‘Pickles’.
- Good Food America: Foods expert, Chef Danny Boome takes viewers on a culinary adventure in search of the best and healthiest restaurants in America
- Peggy’s Kitchen Cures: Registered holistic nutritionist, health educator and culinary consultant Peggy Kotsopoulos whips up healthy and delicious dishes that are both good … and good-for-you! Whether it’s Pumpkin Mousse or her famous Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Peggy has the recipe for what ails you!
Living Foodz will be adopting a 360 degree approach to attract maximum eyeballs. Being a television channel, the brand will use television as a lead medium to excite viewers. The ZEEL network strength will be utilized for the maximum. Other mediums of promotion including DTH and print, coupled with a robust digital and social media presence to engage with audiences at different touch points has been put in place. Helios media has been roped in for providing advertisement revenue and Scarecrow communications as the creative agency for the channel. Living Foodz will also create various on ground and consumer connect initiatives to draw in a stronger resonance.
Tune into Living Foodz from 11th September 2015.