Mumbai,By Kabir Ali
A GLITTERING AFFAIR
The Ciroc Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards
For 60 years, Filmfare has been the pioneer of film awards. With the inaugural Ciroc Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards, held on February 26, 2015 at the Taj Lands’ End, Filmfare paid a tribute to not only the oomph quotient of the stars but also the overall aesthetics of films. Glamour, style and fashion are no longer exclusively the domain of royalty. Thanks to the aura of movie stars, fashion has become main-stream. And movie stars are considered the foremost style icons of the country.
B-town’s sartorial kings and queens were nominated in various categories ranging from the Most Glamorous Star and Emerging Face of Fashion to the Global Icon and Trendsetter of the Year…and the best from the best were honoured. The glitzy evening witnessed breathtaking performances by multi-instrumentalist & composer – Gingger Shankar and playback singer, song-write & guitarist – Nikhil D’Souza, who sang eclectic compositions like Mere bina (Crook),
Sham (Aisha), Har kisi ko (Boss) and Stop Staring (Original Composition). The stunning VJ, TV actor and anchor Kamal Sidhu hosted the sizzling show.
As the spectacular show revealed the who’s who of the glitterati, they dazzled in their glamorous best and walked away with their trophies.
The Ciroc Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards was sponsored by Ciroc in association with Jaguar. The show will be telecast exclusively on Zoom TV on March 14, 2015 at 8 pm.
- Most Glamorous Film of the Year – Happy New Year
- Most Glamorous Director – Karan Johar
- Emerging Face of Fashion (Female) – Alia Bhatt
- Emerging Face of Fashion (Male) – Sidharth Malhotra
- Trendsetter of the Year – Sonam Kapoor
- Most Glamorous On-Screen couple – Shah Ruk Khan and Kajol
- Most Glamorous Real-Life Couple – Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Most Glamorous Designer – Manish Malhotra
- Ciroc Not The Usual Award – Nargis Fakhri
- The Ultimate Diva – Sridevi
- Most Stylish Star (Female) – Sonam Kapoor
- Most Stylish Star (Male) – Imran Khan
- Global Icon Of The Year (Male) – Shah Rukh Khan
- Global Icon Of The Year (Female) – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Timeless Glamour and Style Icon (Male) – Amitabh Bachchan
- Timeless Glamour and Style Icon (Female) – Madhuri Dixit
- Most Glamorous Star (Male) – Akshay Kumar
- Most Glamorous Star (Female) – Kareena Kapoor Khan